Skype Control Option
Skype Control: Use your remote device to access and launch Skype on the desktop. Control and connect just as if you were sitting there but make Skype calls from wherever you are.
- iPhone that can receive phone calls. PC2Me Skype Control does not work with iPad or iPod touch.
- PC2Me+ native app or PC2Me Local native app. It does not work with the Safari browser connections.
- PC2Me+ Server, with the Skype Control option enabled. (Right-click the tiny PC2Me Server icon, select Registration & Unlock and check the status of Skype Control. You can buy a license for the Skype Control option at http://pc2me.net/buy.asp.)
- Skype permissions. This feature requires setting permissions in Skype on your computer. see Skype Permissions.
Starting PC2Me and Skype
Skype is launched automatically when the PC2Me Server starts.
Making a Skype call
To start a Skype call:
- In the main PC2Me app screen, click Connect, then click PC Files. This opens a list of resources.
- In the list of resources, click Skype Friends. This displays your Skype information and a list of Skype Friends.
Note: If "Skype Friends" is not in the Folder List, it may indicate that you need a PC2Me Skype option license. Right-click the tiny PC2Me Server icon, select Registration & Unlock and check the status of Skype Control. You can buy a license for the Skype Control option at http://pc2me.net/buy.asp.
Note: If your Skype Info is blank and no Skype Friends are listed, you may need to change your Skype permission for pc2me.exe access. See Skype Permissions.
- Click a Skype Friend to start the call.
The PC2Me Server makes a Skype call to you (specifically, to the phone number shown as "Skype Phone"). Once the call is established, the PC2Me Server makes a second Skype call to the selected Skype Friend. The PC2Me Server then connects the two calls and the call is activated.
Selecting your "Skype Phone" number
By default, the "Skype Phone" number is the one you entered when you registered your PC2Me Server.
- To have PC2Me Server call you on a different number, type in the different number, click Go and then click Update before you select the Skype Friend.
- To reset it to the default number, click Reset.
- Within a few seconds, your iPhone will ring and the call with your friend will be connected.
or, "why are my Skype Info and Friends list empty?"
When you click on "Skype Friends", the PC2Me Server tries to access Skype. The first time you do this, Skype posts a message asking you to allow pc2me.exe to access Skype. Click Allow Access.
If you do not click Allow Access, Skype will set itself to deny access. If this happens, your Skype Friends list is empty.
To change Skype to allow the PC2Me Server:
- In Skype, click Tools, then Options.
- In Options, in the left-side navigation bar, select Advanced. In the bottom of the big white area, click Manage Other Programs Access to Skype. See Skype screenshots.
- That opens the Manage API Access Control window. You should see the PC2Me Server listed there.
If pc2me.exe is listed as denied, select the pc2me.exe entry and click Change.
- In the next screen, check Allow this program to use Skype and click OK.
- Exit the PC2Me Server, leaving Skype running. Wait 15 seconds.
- Restart the PC2Me Server.
|Note: if you see multiple entries for PC2Me Server in the Manage API Access Control window, select Remove for each of them and click OK. Then quit Skype, exit the PC2Me Server, and restart the PC2Me Server (which should restart Skype). Be sure to click Allow Access when Skype asks for permission to allow pc2me.exe. |